Counseling/Therapy Services operates as a Private Practice. The primary clinician is Carol Christensen, LMFT. The services address social, psychological, emotional, physical and spiritual needs that represent an understanding of the person as a whole, and the context of their life. The purpose is not just to ameliorate the symptom, but to help individuals, couples and families to change, grow, and enrich their lives in a healthy, productive manner.
Carol Christensen, LMFT
social, psychological, emotional, physical and spiritual needs
Social Work and Marriage and Family Therapy
Sociology Department of River Falls University
Medical and Geriatric Social Worker
Physical & Sexual Abuse team for St. Croix County
Children and Adults who have experienced abuse
• Individual counseling for children, adolescents, adults and the elderly.
• Marital & Family counseling
• Trauma, PTSD Therapy for Military Personnel
• Group Therapy for Grief Work, Abuse, Parenting Skills, Transitions of Life, and • • • • Stress Management
• Divorce Assessments
• Consultation to Schools, Clergy, Physicians, Attorneys, & Social Services
• Educational In-services/Seminars
• Abuse-physical, sexual, emotional & neglect
• Anxiety Issues
• Behavioral Issues- ADHD, Oppositional Behavior and others
• Grief Work
• Eating Disorders
• Family Relationships, including Parenting concerns and education
• Marital Conflict
• Pregnancy Issues
• Spiritual Issues
When a person requests therapy an appointment is made directly with the therapist. An assessment or intake session will ascertain the needs from both the client and the clinician’s perspectives. Mutually agreed upon goals and direction for the therapy will be defined. Therapy begins, and the frequency and number of sessions will be discussed.
In the therapy process, there will be an ongoing awareness of any possible need for referrals to specific disciplines in conjuncture with the ongoing therapy. Such referrals could include: Psychiatric evaluations, psychological or neurological testing, and chemical dependency evaluations. Any referral or sharing of information would be within the bounds of confidentiality and with the client’s written approval.
Our specialized training means more positive outcomes.
When a person requests therapy an appointment is made directly with the therapist. An assessment or intake session will ascertain the needs from both the client and the clinician’s perspectives.
Get in touch to learn more about us. We'd love to hear from you.
1176 County Road C, New Richmond, WI 54017
Monday through Friday
7:30am - 5pm
3 evenings a week from 5pm to 9pm for appointments.